[Blue Mind] Blue Mind / external LDAP Integration

Arun Khan knura9 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 16:18:31 CEST 2013

Hi Anthony,

Apologies for posting under the original subject banner (Blue Mind
2.0.1 has been released !)

I have changed it appropriate to my original query.

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 3:29 PM, Anthony Prades
<anthony.prades at blue-mind.net> wrote:
> On 06/10/2013 07:56 AM, Arun Khan wrote:

...........8<............

>> Greetings,
>>
>> The feature set of Blue Mind looks very impressive.
>> I would like to evaluate Blue Mind 2.0.1.
>>
>> Performance wise, I hope it is less resource hungry than other
>> opensource suites.
>>
>>  From the architecture page:
>> <http://www.blue-mind.net/products/article/architecture-55>
>>
>>  From the above link, it is not clear which LDAP implementations can be
>> integrated into Blue Mind e.g. openLDAP, 389 DS.
>>
>> I am setting up a LDAP+Samba3.
>>
>> The LDAP server will be either openLDAP or 389DS (I have not made that
>> decision yet).
>> The LDAP server will be used for *nix user and system authentication.
>> Samba3 (with LDAP backend) will be used as a NT domain PDC to
>> authenticate Windows users (NT domain logon) and work stations.
>>
>> I would like to integrate Blue Mind with the above LDAP server.
>>
>> I would appreciate suggestions as to which LDAP server to choose; the
>> one that Blue Mind integrates with easily.
>
> Hi,
>
> Import from LDAP to Blue Mind is in production using openLDAP and 389DS.
> For this, the important thing is LDAP schema more than LDAP server used.

I agree.

> You can refer to this page to know which LDAP attributes are imported:
> http://docs.blue-mind.net/2/index.jsp?topic=%2Fnet.bluemind.kb.system.ldap%2Fhtml%2Fgettingstarted%2Fldapsync%2Fmapping.html

This is excellent.  Thanks.  After posting my original query the
MS-ADS integration came up.  Browsing through, I found there is
information for MS-ADS integration also.

I will go through the details.

> To export from Blue Mind to LDAP, you need to install bm-ldap-role package
> which depend on openLDAP server.

Nice,

>> Also, please suggest which Linux distros Blue Mind installs the most
>> easily (Debian 7, CentOS 6, Ubuntu 12.04)
>
> Debian 7 support will be available with Blue Mind 2.0.2 and greater only.
> We suggest Ubuntu 12.04 as lots of production site used it.
> But whatever, installation is the same.

Will give it a shot with Ubuntu 12.04 for the eval.

Merci beaucoup.
--
Arun Khan
Sent from my non-iphone/non-android device