[Blue Mind] Blue Mind 2.0.1 has been released !

Anthony Prades anthony.prades at blue-mind.net
Mon Jun 10 11:59:59 CEST 2013

On 06/10/2013 07:56 AM, Arun Khan wrote:
> On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 7:48 PM,  <pierre.baudracco at blue-mind.net> wrote:
>
>> --------- English version
>>

>> Blue Mind Stable 2.0.1 has been released and is available on our repository
>>
>> http://www.blue-mind.net/community/blue-mind-install/
>>
>> Changelog
>> Global
>> - Fix init script order and waits
>> - Doc : Sample for API usage from Scala
>> - Fix DB triggers on fresh install in Debian/ubuntu
>> - API for backup + restore + new interface for different backup technos
>> - LDAP : mailQuota attribute import, multival phones
>> - LDAP import : disable vacation and forwarding for an external routing mbox
>> - LDAP : user mailbox no more deleted when the user routing set to external
>> - AD : fix some memory leak
>> - Backup : Fix setting the backup role to an host
>> - LMTP : cache handling improvement (was causing some delay in particular
>> circumstances)
>> Calendar
>> - Fix on freebusy
>> - ICS Import : accepted filesize up to 10 MB
>> - Fix display on Safari and Firefox / Mac
>>
>> Contact
>> - Fix clic-to-call with some phone number formats
>> - Fix display on Safari and Firefox / Mac
>> - Fix addressbook sharing with a group
>>
>> Thunderbird
>> - Calendar cache improvement on session change
>>

>> Enjoy !
> Greetings,
>
> The feature set of Blue Mind looks very impressive.
> I would like to evaluate Blue Mind 2.0.1.
>
> Performance wise, I hope it is less resource hungry than other
> opensource suites.
>
>  From the architecture page:
> <http://www.blue-mind.net/products/article/architecture-55>
>
>  From the above link, it is not clear which LDAP implementations can be
> integrated into Blue Mind e.g. openLDAP, 389 DS.
>
> I am setting up a LDAP+Samba3.
>
> The LDAP server will be either openLDAP or 389DS (I have not made that
> decision yet).
> The LDAP server will be used for *nix user and system authentication.
> Samba3 (with LDAP backend) will be used as a NT domain PDC to
> authenticate Windows users (NT domain logon) and work stations.
>
> I would like to integrate Blue Mind with the above LDAP server.
>
> I would appreciate suggestions as to which LDAP server to choose; the
> one that Blue Mind integrates with easily.
Hi,

Import from LDAP to Blue Mind is in production using openLDAP and 389DS.
For this, the important thing is LDAP schema more than LDAP server used.
You can refer to this page to know which LDAP attributes are imported:
http://docs.blue-mind.net/2/index.jsp?topic=%2Fnet.bluemind.kb.system.ldap%2Fhtml%2Fgettingstarted%2Fldapsync%2Fmapping.html

To export from Blue Mind to LDAP, you need to install bm-ldap-role
package which depend on openLDAP server.

> Also, please suggest which Linux distros Blue Mind installs the most
> easily (Debian 7, CentOS 6, Ubuntu 12.04)
Debian 7 support will be available with Blue Mind 2.0.2 and greater only.
We suggest Ubuntu 12.04 as lots of production site used it.
But whatever, installation is the same.

Sincerely

--
Anthony Prades