[Blue Mind] Blue Mind 2.0.1 has been released !

Arun Khan knura9 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 07:56:28 CEST 2013

On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 7:48 PM,  <pierre.baudracco at blue-mind.net> wrote:

> --------- English version
>

> Blue Mind Stable 2.0.1 has been released and is available on our repository
>
> http://www.blue-mind.net/community/blue-mind-install/
>
> Changelog
> Global
> - Fix init script order and waits
> - Doc : Sample for API usage from Scala
> - Fix DB triggers on fresh install in Debian/ubuntu
> - API for backup + restore + new interface for different backup technos
> - LDAP : mailQuota attribute import, multival phones
> - LDAP import : disable vacation and forwarding for an external routing mbox
> - LDAP : user mailbox no more deleted when the user routing set to external
> - AD : fix some memory leak
> - Backup : Fix setting the backup role to an host
> - LMTP : cache handling improvement (was causing some delay in particular
> circumstances)
> Calendar
> - Fix on freebusy
> - ICS Import : accepted filesize up to 10 MB
> - Fix display on Safari and Firefox / Mac
>
> Contact
> - Fix clic-to-call with some phone number formats
> - Fix display on Safari and Firefox / Mac
> - Fix addressbook sharing with a group
>
> Thunderbird
> - Calendar cache improvement on session change
>

> Enjoy !

Greetings,

The feature set of Blue Mind looks very impressive.
I would like to evaluate Blue Mind 2.0.1.

Performance wise, I hope it is less resource hungry than other
opensource suites.

<http://www.blue-mind.net/products/article/architecture-55>

>From the above link, it is not clear which LDAP implementations can be
integrated into Blue Mind e.g. openLDAP, 389 DS.

I am setting up a LDAP+Samba3.

The LDAP server will be either openLDAP or 389DS (I have not made that
decision yet).
The LDAP server will be used for *nix user and system authentication.
Samba3 (with LDAP backend) will be used as a NT domain PDC to
authenticate Windows users (NT domain logon) and work stations.

I would like to integrate Blue Mind with the above LDAP server.

I would appreciate suggestions as to which LDAP server to choose; the
one that Blue Mind integrates with easily.

Also, please suggest which Linux distros Blue Mind installs the most
easily (Debian 7, CentOS 6, Ubuntu 12.04)

TIA,
-- Arun Khan.